Why sell with Hansons
Transparent charges with no hidden extras:
- A £5 + Vat processing fee which covers internet / marketing & processing charges and a flat commission rate of 17% + Vat on lots selling for £29.50 or above. Below this sum there is a minimum commission charge of £5 + Vat.
- Clients have the benefit of four Hansons sale rooms in Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Oxfordshire and London with a large and combined buyer database registered on HansonsLive.co.uk.
- Our UK and worldwide marketing and social media platforms have tens of thousands of followers and is the largest outside London.
- Lots which realise over £5,000 will be charged at a tiered rate of 17% up to £5,000 and 10% over this, both plus Vat.
- We have over 60,000 buyers across 50 countries registered on our own free online auction bidding platform www.hansonslive.co.uk. All of our clients can watch the auction live for free from our own Hansonslive platform.
- As a company we can handle “the whole lot”.
- Our wide range of sales vary from general to fine art auctions and reflect the diverse departments we cater for. Specialist sales reflect the nature of contents being sold, from books, to wine & whisky to music memorabilia, toys and coins and much more.
- We are passionate in showcasing objects and art. We hold record breaking auction prices including a Harry Potter book at £68,000 and a rare Chinese ewer uncovered in a garage which sold £390,000.00 (both sold in 2020).
- We offer a collection service for lots you wish to consign to auction at £25 + Vat an hour (one man one van, per journey). For larger collections that require two men the rate is £35 + VAT per hour (one van, per journey). Please contact 01283 733988. We are happy to quote for a full house clearance service of saleable and unsaleable from a one-bedroom apartment to larger estate properties. Contact [email protected] for a quote.
- We offer a very good postage and packaging service, which encourages a greater number of buyers to bid with us.
- Notable consultants of Hanson’s Auctioneers include Kate Bliss and Eric Knowles amongst others.
Examples of hammer prices achieved and what you will get back
Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter? Please email Matteo at [email protected] and subscribe by emailing him requesting to be added to our database for our latest news.
Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers Ltd
The Auction Centre, Heage Lane, Etwall, Derbyshire, DE65 6LA
T: 01283 733988 | [email protected] | www.hansonsauctioneers.co.uk
Please be aware that additional customs taxes may be payable both by a buyer or potential seller. Hansons are not responsible for any additional customs taxes. Anyone sending items from overseas to Hansons to be commissioned for sale or valuation may incur customs taxes. This tax also applies to buyers if we despatch lots won overseas.