Temporary Closure To Public | Postponement of Sales
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, on March 23, 2020, Hansons temporarily closed its offices to the public in Etwall, Derbyshire, Bishton Hall, Staffordshire, and at the Normansfield Theatre, London, to protect both clients and staff.
However, Hansons is open to enquiries and contactable at all times by email: [email protected]
Charles Hanson, owner of Hansons, said: "In these difficult times the health and welfare of our staff and clients remains of paramount importance. Therefore, following the lGovernment announcement, our salerooms closed. However, we are now operating online-only auctions and hope to assist clients with valuations and consignments by appointment only from June 1. To find out more, please contact me directly.
"Hansons is determined to do everything in its power to prioritise the safety of clients and staff and adapt its services to assist people in these difficult times. We are closely monitoring the ever-changing Government advice and proactively taking steps to tackle the challenges ahead. We are grateful to everyone for their patience and understanding.
Your safety is our concern and the following procedures are planned or in operation:
- Contactless collections from your home.
- Contactless drop-offs and open-air valuations under a gazebo.
- Valuers and clients will be supplied with protective equipment.
- Restricted numbers in the saleroom
- All surfaces cleaned at regular intervals
- Safe distances between valuers and consignees.
Hansons is gradually rescheduling auction dates and updates will appear on this website. Our May sales are online only.
CLICK HERE for information on our online auctions.
If You Have An Item In Storage At Hansons
Items in lockdown at Hansons due to the sudden closure of our salerooms due to Covid-19 will be stored FREE OF CHARGE.
Payments For Outstanding Purchases
Payments for purchases made in our March and upcoming sales can be made by bank transfer to:
Natwest client account number: 18525679
Sort code: 54-10-56
Please reference your invoice number
Collection Or Postage Of Items Purchased
Collection or postage of purchased lots can be arranged by contacting Charles Hanson:
Email: [email protected]
Please include a screenshot/image of confirmation of your bank transfer.
Virtual Valuations – How We Can Help You Remotely
Our external and in-house valuation events are temporarily cancelled. However, we are able to offer remote valuations. Ways we can help:
- Simply email some images of your objects, or a short video, together with any information you have, to: [email protected].
- Send Hansons pictures of your item, a short video and information via WhatsApp using the following number: 07725 514855.
- Arrange a real-time assessment of all types of antiques, including major/large collections. You can book a WhatsApp video call, Facetime or Skype appointment, by calling 07725 514855 or emailing [email protected].
- Arrange a valuation of jewellery and silver by contacting Kate Bliss: E: [email protected] | T: 07966 363948
- Arrange a valuation of historica and antiquities objects by contacting Adam Staples: E: [email protected] | T: 07757 534432
House Visits/Collection Of Items
We can assist/advise/provide free quotes for house clearance, downsizing and the collection of items. Advance bookings are being made. To find out more contact:
Email: [email protected] | T: 07725 514855
Our accounts department is operating remotely. Email: [email protected]
Auction preview events at our salerooms are temporarily cancelled. As a precautionary measure to help against the spread of Coronavirus, we would like to remind you of the variety of ways that you can continue to take part in our auctions from the comfort of your own home.
- Browse our illustrated auction catalogues online at www.hansonslive.co.uk or www.the-saleroom.com
- Bid in advance at any time via our online auction platforms
- Browse lots and view additional images online
- Request a condition report – extra information/images about an item by emailing [email protected]
- Leave absentee bids ahead of a sale by emailing [email protected]
- Watch and take part in our sales live via our online bidding platform
Bidding At Auction
Room bidding is not currently available to minimise risks for all concerned. However, you can bid live remotely by registering with www.hansonslive.co.uk
You can also book a telephone line in advance of an auction, we will then call you when your lot(s) are about to come up for sale enabling you to bid live on the telephone in real time.
You can leave a commission or request a telephone bid by contacting [email protected].
If you have any queries or require any of Hansons' usual services such as requests for home visits, house clearances or collection of items for auction, please call Charles Hanson on 07725 514855.